Impreglon UK is an approved applicator of Xylan® coatings (pronounced Zy-lan) and is the first choice should such coatings be specified or required. All our coatings are applied by us at our dedicated plant in Tamworth. Xylan® coatings are a family of fluoropolymer and fluoropolymer hybrid coatings. Xylan® coatings provide dry lubrication, controlled friction, wear resistance, heat resistance, non-stick and release properties and, at the same time, can also give corrosion and chemical resistance.
Xylan® coatings solve the problems created when the ideal material for use in engineering construction needs it's surface properties altered. Whitford Xylan® industrial coatings can be used on carbon steel, aluminium, stainless steel, steel alloys, brass and magnesium as well as non-metallics such as glass, glass and carbon fibre, some rubber and plastics. Optimum adhesion is usually obtained by roughening the substrate surface before applying the coating.
Xylan® coatings are primarily dry-film lubricants; however, they have many desirable secondary properties. These lubricants are combined in a matrix with the newest high-temperature organic polymers resulting in plastic alloys formulated to provide unique and desirable properties. They perform under heavy loads, at high temperatures, in chemical and corrosive environments, and combinations thereof. In the industrial world, they are known as extreme performance coatings.
Sometimes a Xylan® coating will be specified as requiring a Zinc Phosphate pretreatment for enhanced corrosion protection. Impreglon UK uses a local company to carry the phosphating on our behalf. We ensure that the phosphated parts are immediately driven straight back to us for overcoating with the specified Xylan® coating.
Ten reasons why you should use Xylan® coatings:
- Low friction: CoF as low as 0.02.
- Wear resistance: even under extreme pressures.
- Corrosion and chemical resistance in most environments.
- Weather resistance: against sunlight, salt water and road chemicals.
- Wide temperature operating range: from -250° to 285°C.
- Flexible curing schedule: ambient to 400°C.
- Wide colour range: colour-code your product for certain products.
- Pliability: Many Xylan® coatings will bend freely and repeatedly without breaking.
- High build: apply multiple coats of Xylan® coating (most formulations) and mill to specification.
- Excellent adhesion: to most metals, plastics, ceramics, wood.
Xylan® coatings offer controlled torque, easy removal of nuts in a wide range of operating temperatures, some UV stability, resistance to hot soil and they are available in many colours. The most common colours being black Xylan coating and green Xylan coating - there are occasions when the colour choice is a key element in the decision making process.
Xylan® coating provides:
- wear resistance
- heat resistance
- non-stick and release properties
- corrosion and chemical resistance
For more information please complete our online form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.